To all ESPT patients and future patients,
We are OPEN during the Alameda County Shelter-In-Place.
At Elite Sports Physical Therapy, your health and recovery are a priority to us and we aim to continue to serve our patients during this time. We have no intentions to shut down, however our hours are limited.
Our hours have changed, effective March 30, 2020
Monday: 7am-5pm, Last appointment 4pm
Wednesday, 2pm-5pm, Last appointment 4pm
Closed: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (emergency only), Saturday, Sunday
Telehealth Physical Therapy is the use of electronic communication to provide physical therapy services remotely. With the current pandemic, there are many changes to health insurances policies and legislation. At this time, we are working on offering Telehealth visits to our patients. We want to be sure that we are following the proper legal, ethical and billing guidelines. Telehealth to come!
ESPT’s Action Plan to Prevent the Spread of Germs
Your safety and comfort is a priority to us. We follow the CDC’s recommended guidelines and implement as part of our normal business operations. Below are some of the measures we are taking to keep our patients and staff safe:
- Our front door has a posted sign to ask patients to stay outside and re-schedule their appointment if they have symptoms of cough, fever, and/or shortness of breath.
- Patients are screened with the following questions:
- Have you been feeling physically unwell, exhibiting flu-like symptoms?
- Have you traveled to Asia or Europe in the past 2 weeks?
- Treatment tables, exercise equipment, and waiting room chairs are placed 3-6 feet apart
- We maintain less than 10 people at any given time within our 2300 sq ft space
- Therapist practice social distancing whenever possible
- If staff requires closer contact (within 3-6 feet) to provide PT service, all staff wear face masks
- Appointments maintain at 25-30 minutes in length with patients scheduled every 30 minutes – this type of scheduling reduces patient overlap and overall interaction
- We use a Lysol cleaning solution to sanitize all treatment tables, exercise equipment and contact surfaces
- There is a regular sanitation schedule for all exercise equipment and frequently touched surfaces (i.e., arm chair rests, door handles, front office desk, doorways, etc)
- We continue with regular handwashing between patients
- We ask patients to wash their hands prior to using exercise equipment
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the clinic
When feeling ill:
- Patients who are not feeling well are encouraged to stay home and can cancel their appointment from their text reminder or over the phone
- Patients with reported cough, bronchitis (Sxs not consistent with Covid – are asked to wear a mask for extra precaution)
- Patients who are ill may be asked to take a short leave of absence from physical therapy for at least 1 week
- The staff has been healthy and well, however a policy is in place that if staff is feeling the onset of flu-like symptoms, they are asked to stay home (for at least 1 week)
Should anything change regarding office hours or appointments times, please be assured we will let you know immediately.
Wishing you good health,
The Elite Sports Physical Therapy Team