To all ESPT patients and future patients,
We are OPEN during the Alameda County Shelter-In-Place.
At Elite Sports Physical Therapy, your health and recovery are a priority to us and we aim to continue to serve our patients during this time.
Wednesday: 8am – 5pm
Thursday: 8am – 5pm
Friday: 8am – 5pm
Office closed daily from 1-2pm
Last appointment one hour before closing
Closed: Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday
Telehealth Physical Therapy is the use of electronic communication to provide physical therapy services remotely. With the current pandemic, there are many changes to health insurances policies and legislation. At this time, we are working on offering Telehealth visits to our patients. We want to be sure that we are following the proper legal, ethical and billing guidelines. Learn more about Telehealth.
ESPT's Fight Against the Spread of Germs
ESPT's Fight Against the Spread of Germs
Your safety and comfort is a priority to us. We follow the CDC’s recommended guidelines and implement as part of our normal business operations. Below are some of the measures we are taking to keep our patients and staff safe:
- Our front door has a posted sign to ask patients to stay outside and re-schedule their appointment if they have symptoms of cough, fever, and/or shortness of breath.
- All persons entering the clinic undergo a general wellness screen upon entering using a visual screen. We also expect in good faith that all staff and patients avoid coming to the clinic if feeling unwell.
- All persons entering the clinic must wear a mask at all times during rehab session and/or work shift. Nose and mouth are to remain covered at all times. Surgical masks, N95 masks and homemade cloth masks are acceptable.
- Therapists and select supporting personnel are wearing additional face shields with face coverings
Social Distancing/Reduce Over-Crowding
- Treatment tables and exercise equipment are placed 6 feet apart, and waiting room chairs are placed 3-6 feet apart.
- We maintain fewer than 10 people at any given time within our 2300 sq ft space.
- All individuals practice social distancing guidelines whenever possible with large posters throughout the clinic as reminders.
- If staff requires closer contact (within 3-6 feet) to provide PT service, staff is wearing face shields and face coverings.
- Patients are allowed to wait inside waiting room if arriving within 5-8 minutes of scheduled appointment time. Any patient arriving earlier are asked to wait in their car or outside of the clinic until 5-8 minutes prior to appointment start time to reduce overcrowding.
- Appointments are not double booked and kept to the patient’s 30-minute treatment window to reduce clinic over-crowding. Occasionally (<25-50% of the time) treatment time’s extend up to 45 minutes w/minimal overlapping.
- Patients are asked to apply heat and ice pack at home rather than in the clinic, when possible to reduce prolonged treatment time and clinic overcrowding.
- Treatment tables and exercise equipment are cleaned and sanitized after each use using an EPA registered disinfectant against COVID19 and performed according to guidelines. Data sheet on chemicals used can be provided upon request.
- Front office front desk, chairs, door handles, and pens are frequently cleaned and sanitized using an EPA registered disinfectant against COVID19 and performed according to guidelines.
- All patients are asked to sanitize their hands upon arrival and before using exercise equipment using provided hand sanitizer comprised of a 62-65% isopropyl alcohol solution.
- Employees practice regular hand hygiene frequently.
- Therapists handwash before and after working with each patient.
When feeling ill:
- Patients who are not feeling well are encouraged to stay home and can cancel their appointment from their text reminder or over the phone
- Patients who are ill with a positive COVID test will require a cancellation of appointments until quarantine period has been completed
- The staff has been healthy and well, however a policy is in place that if staff is feeling the onset of flu-like symptoms, they are asked to stay home, get COVID tested and return to work once a negative COVID test has been acquired.
Should anything change regarding office hours or appointments times, please be assured we will let you know immediately.
Wishing you good health,
The Elite Sports Physical Therapy Team