Elite Sports Physical Therapy is proud to be a learning facility with a work culture promoting active learning, professional growth, passion and clinical excellence. The mission of our mentorship is to inspire and educate the next generation of future health care providers and provide a great foundation to a career in rehabilitative medicine.
We host a very competitive internship program and mentor DPT students at all levels. Most commonly our DPT students are in their intermediate or terminal year of graduate school.
At ESPT, we primarily have a 2:1 student-to-instructor educational model with an occasional small group at 3:1. The benefits to this model include:
- Increased CI availability and mentorship with CI assuming less patient care responsibilities
- Collaborative learning environment with patient case discussions, sharing of interventional procedures, and constructive feedback
- Increased peer support with fellow DPT students providing emotional and social support to improve confidence, self-esteem and self-efficacy
- Supportive learning culture where it is encouraged to gain knowledge from others
- Improved clinical development with increased feedback and discussion to improve clinical reasoning
- Exposure to and an increase in understanding of diverse clinical approaches through interactions with DPT students from other DPT programs
- Additional learning experiences shared with increased patient caseload of clinic
As an ESPT intern, professional development and growth is a high priority with many additional learning experiences to enhance clinical and professional experience. We provide excellent resources, promote active learning, and provide hands-on experiences. Additionally, our interns are taught the art of providing excellent customer service and creating interpersonal relationships with patients in order to boost patient connection and satisfaction.
- Patient population: OP Sports/Ortho with acute/chronic orthopedic conditions, post-surgical (mostly rotator cuff, ACL, meniscus, TKA), sports related injuries
- Patient age range:
- 20% is 30 years and younger
- 60% of population is 30-60 years old
- 20% is 60+ years old
If you are interested in an internship at Elite Sports Physical Therapy – please contact your Director of Clinical Education within your University’s Physical Therapy Department.