Dr. Kimberly Huey is an upbeat, energetic, and lively therapist. She believes in creating relationships with all patients and especially providing her patients with education and knowledge to understand their impairments, rehab progression, and recovery for long-term health. She knows that when patients can visualize and understand how their bodies work, they will reach their goals for rehab and beyond.
Dr. Kim specializes in working with active individuals, high school/collegiate athletes and amateur pro athletes ranging from individual/group sports to combat/contact sports. She has an in-depth knowledge of exercise science and movement biomechanics and she uses functional movement techniques to break down complex movements into fundamental ones, thereby laying the foundation on which performance and skills are built.
Dr. Kim is also co-owner of ESPT and Director of Physical Therapy. She has a strong passion for creating a welcoming & positive rehab environment, mentoring undergrad and graduate PT students, and building a strong organizational culture.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of the Pacific
- B.S. Kinesiology from California State University, East Bay
- Prospective Orthopedic Clinical Specialist
- Functional Movement and Performance Kinesiotape certified practitioner by Rocktape
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization practitioner w/ Graston Technique
- Functional Movement Screen Specialist
Professional Interests and Techniques: Sport-specific training for dance, gymnastics, tennis, badminton, mixed martial arts, powerlifting, strength and conditioning, functional movement training, neuromuscular re-education, instrument soft tissue mobilization, myofascial release, Ironman Medical Volunteers