Receiving therapy services from the comfort of home
Telehealth, or clinical video telehealth or telemedicine, involves the use of use of real-time interactive video conferencing with a physical therapist in order to assess, treat and provide care remotely. This requires live two-way audio and video technology. Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of your patient identification and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption.
- Improved access to physical therapy care
- Less likely to skip an appointment due to transportation, work, child-care issues, or mild sickness
- Eliminate the need for travel
- Can receive treatment from an ESPT provider while you are anywhere within California
- Requires less time in your day – average 25-30 minutes for a telehealth visit
- Improved use of home environment for home exercise program
- More accurate home recommendations for bedroom (sleeping positions), home/work office, bathroom safety, home gym equipment use etc.
We recommend to have an in-person examination due to difficulties and limitations with a remote assessment, however follow-up visits can be more easily performed through telehealth.